United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Incoming freshmen or continued enrollment in college, university or post-secondary career and technology school in the United States.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Pursuit of degree or certification that leads to a career in automotive. All disciplines welcome.
- Show your passion for automotive.
College JumpStart Scholarship
Award for motivated students
10th-12th grade students can apply.
April 15, 2018
For one-time educational assistance for currently enrolled high school or college-aged women.
Can be used for educatiaonal conferences, instructional programs related to creative or artistic pursuits, graduate exam applicaiton fees, or textbooks.
April 30, 2018
5 Strong Scholarship Foundation
Partners with Historically Black Colleges and Universities to provide full tuition scholarships and ongoing support to promising student leaders from “Matriculation to Graduation”
AXA Achievement Scholarships
This scholarship is for students who have at least one parent of Hispanic decent, be a US citizen and be younger than 21 years old with a 2.7 or higher GPA
Bill Of Rights Scholarship for all students
Dr. & Isla Miller Scholarship
See Ms. Lemmons or Ms. McClenny for the application forms.
Project Yellow Light
Various amounts and due dates
Rosenthal & Wadas Law Firm Scholarship
Deadline May 1
Must have a 3.0 GPA and be a 2018 graduate. Special consideration will be given to someone who is interested in pursuing a career in criminal defense or law. Based on merit and need. Academic achievements as well as any leadership experiences will be taken into account.
Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund (JMSMSF)
- US Citizen or permanent resident of US
- GPA of 3.0/equivalent or higher (out of a 4.0 scale)
- High School Senior who will matriculate full-time at a US accredited four-year college or university within the fifty states or District of Columbia.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participating in community services or other extra curricular activities.
- Combined adjusted income of the parents cannot exceed $60,000.
- Required Documentation
- Application- Each candidate must submit a complete and timely application. An application will be considered incomplete and not processed if all instructions have not been followed or the material presented is insufficient to permit an adequate review. Do not send supplemental or corrected material after the deadline date. Applications must be typed or completed with the use of a black/blue writing ink pen. The staff of the JMSMSF will not accept any application packet or portion thereof that is filled out with a pencil. Application and required documents should be neat and easy to read. Materials should be impeccable in terms of appearance and legibility. Mail the complete application packet so that it is received or postmarked on or before the deadline date of March 31st. Application packet should be mailed to:
Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship Fund
ATTN: Abraham Scott
Post Office Box 1023
Springfield, Virginia 22151
- Official Transcript- An official copy of the applicant’s high school transcript provided by the high school staff in a sealed envelope must be included in the application packet. Submission of an application along with the required documents for this scholarship constitutes your authorization for the JMSMSF Scholarship Selection Committee to review your academic record.
- Letters of Recommendation – Each packet must include two letters of recommendation (LOR). One of the letters must be from a faculty member who has taught the applicant in the classroom. Each LOR must include the reference’s name, address, telephone number, and information regarding how long and in what capacity he or she has known the applicant.
- Financial Document – The submission packet must include a copy of the applicant’s Student Aid Report from the Department of Education or FAFSA. If none of these reports are not available, the applicant can submit a copy of the parent’s income tax return (Submit only the front and back of the IRS Form 1040 or IRS Form 1040 EZ) for the year prior to the year in which the application packets are due. (WILL NOT ACCEPT INCOME TAX RETURNS OF ANY OTHER YEARS).
- High School Senior Picture - A high school senior picture or a picture taken above the waistline and in color. The picture must be an original or printed on official photo paper. Do not submit any picture taken at an angle. Applicant is required to print his/her full name on the reverse-side of the picture.
- Essay – Each candidate must provide a 500-1000 word essay focusing on “Describing his or her planned undergraduate study and how he or she plans to apply it upon graduation” or “Who is your role-model and how he or she has influenced/impacted your life”. The individual cannot be a relative. Essay technical requirements: double space, 11 point font size, one inch margin on all sides, submit original only, submit in English, and certify authorship/originality at the end of the essay. The essay will be evaluated on originality, content, thought provoking ideas, innovation, and concepts previously unpublished. Applicant must certify the authenticity of the writing at the end of the essay by affixing the below statement and then signing beneath it.
“I certify that I personally wrote this essay”
- Application Submission Instructions: Do not staple or place paper-clips on any documents in the submission packet. White-out or line-through with an ink-pen any sensitive information such as social security numbers on any documents in the application submission packet.