Advisor: Christine White
Membership in the Hugo Chapter of the National Honor Society is very selective. Students are chosen based on the NHS Principles – Character, Leadership, Service, and Scholarship. In order to apply for membership, students must
· have been in attendance at Hugo High School for at least one (1) semester
· be enrolled as a sophomore or junior student
· not have been suspended or placed in ISP during the current semester or the previous semester
· not have received an NC (no credit)
· not have exceeded the number of allowable absences (medical absences excepted) during the current semester
· have at least a 3.4 overall GPA.
Students are required to complete an application that is reviewed by a faculty committee of three (3) chosen by the building principal. For each candidate, the committee will rate the application and a majority vote of the three will decide if a student is placed in membership. Students must participate in an induction ceremony. Continued membership requires that students regularly attend NHS meetings and complete twenty-five (25) hours of service to the community during each school year.